Blackberry lemon poppy seed vinaigrette
Have you ever tried such a salad dressing before??
Vinaigrette + Lemon + Blackberries + Poppy Seeds
All covering some succulent greens!
Let's break it down...
- Vinaigrette = at the most basic, a finely mixed oil & vinegar with salt and pepper
- Lemon = High-acidity (2.5 pH) citrus fruit, probably will reduce amount of overall vinegar needed
- Poppy Seeds = I remember these from Costco Muffins and also that eating spoonfuls could cause you to test positive for opioid drugs. Mmm, DELICIOUS!
- Blackberry = If there's any such thing as a "spirit plant" I would have to say that mine is the Blackberry Vine. Why? Because they love lot's of water and reach in all directions to drop their delicious berries. But oh! Be careful! Their succulent and sweet fleshy conical berries are guarded by formidable "pokies" (or umm, thorns). Plus blackberries are delicious!
I'm inspired to try making if for myself will do my best to share with my family and friends as this Spring weather warms us.
Toward late summer, if the recipe holds up, I can even incorporate some of the fresh blackberries that are endemic (aka "everywhere") in Washington State!
In case you didn't know, apparently there are a handful of Blackberry varieties that grow in Washington State.
- Himalayan Blackberry (Rubus armeniacus) INVASIVE
- Evergreen blackberry (Rubus laciniatus) INVASIVE
- Trailing blackberry (Rubus ursinus) NATIVE
Well, they're all pretty "invasive" plants if you ask me.
I hope that I'm not being too invasive with these email communications :)
Additional Resources for remarkable salad dressing resplendence!
- Some other bro making a lemon vinaigrette on YouTube
- Basic Vinaigrette Ratio & Ingredients from cookieandkate.com
- King County Washington blackberry identification and control